AMEA High School Solo and Ensemble Festival
The AMEA board has decided that only TIER 1 will be offered during the 2020-21 school year.
The AMEA State Solo & Ensemble process will be online using the OpusEvent platform. If you have already created an account for Regionals or ABODA All-State Jazz Band, you do not need to create a new one. Just sign in and start registering student events. OpusEvent will be the same platform the AMEA will be using for Regional Auditions and the ABODA All-State Jazz Band Auditions. It is very user friendly for both you and your students. Tutorial videos will be available for teachers and students prior to the performance process.
- Performance uploads are done directly through the OpusEvent site.
- Performances will take place during a scheduled window of time. Student/Ensembles will not have individual scheduled times. Performances can be done from home, or you can have them perform fromschool.
- Video pre-recorded ensemble performances uploads will be available or your students can perform a live recording.,
- Students will also need to upload a copy of the music being performed.
- OpusEvent allows the student/ensemble to “practice” their performance as many times as they want tomake sure the mic levels are correct, and the student/ensemble is comfortable with the process. Once the student/ensemble selects to record their performance, they will have one chance to record and submit. Thus making it similar to the live in person performance event.
- Students will receive feedback from the adjudicator.
- Performing with accompaniment is not required and there will not be any rating penalty for students performing without accompaniment (if the piece is originally composed to be performed with accompaniment). However, in order for student performances to be taken into consideration for the virtual showcase, the performances must include accompaniment if the piece is originally composed with accompaniment. Accompaniments can be either a live accompaniment or pre-recorded accompaniment.
- Submission Window: January 14 – February 6, 2021
- Adjudication Window: February 8 – February 27, 2021.
- Results Available: March 1, 2021
- Showcase As Part Of The All-Regional Festival: March 20, 2021
IMPORTANT: Live recording requires a supported browser. Currently, OpusEvent supports Chrome in Windows, and Safari/Chrome in MacOS. Firefox, Edge, and mobile devices are not supported. If your student is recording from home, please share this information with them.
If you have questions or need assistance of any kind during the Solo and Ensemble process, contact David Waggoner, AMEA Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
SOLO AND ENSEMBLE MEDAL ORDERS
AMEA Solo and Ensemble Medal Order Form