AMEA High School all-state Festival
The 2021 AMEA All-State Honor Festival Audition process will be online using the OpusEvent platform and the audition requirements will be the same as the All-Regional auditions.
- Register students on the OpusEvent site.
- Audition uploads are done directly through the OpusEvent site.
- Auditions will take place during a scheduled window of time. Students will not have individual scheduled times. Auditions can be done from home, or you can have them audition from school.
- OpusEvent allows the student to “practice” their audition as many times as they want to make sure the mic levels are correct, and the student is comfortable with the process. Once the student selects to record their performance, they will have one chance to record and submit. Thus making it similar to the “live” in person audition event.
- March 6, 2021 AS audition registration is not open on OpusEvent
- March 16, 2021 AS audition registration closes 11:59 p.m.
- March 14, 2021 Audition upload window opens on OpusEvent 8:00 a.m.
- March 21, 2021 Audition upload window closes 5:00 p.m.
- March 22, 2021 AS adjudication window opens
- March 28, 2021 AS adjudication window closes
- March 31, 2021 Results of ensembles posted
- April 8, 2021 Close Participation Registration
All-State Choir solo accompaniments can be either a live accompaniment or pre-recorded accompaniment. The student must provide her/his own playback device.
All-State Choir sight reading will only be three single lines. Due to technical limitations, there will not be a block and contrapuntal exercise.
IMPORTANT: Live recording (including sight reading) requires a supported browser. Currently OpusEvent support Chrome in Windows and Chrome in MacOS. Firefox, Edge, and mobile devices are not supported. If your student is recording from home, please share this information with them.
If you have questions or need any assistance during the All-State Audition process, contact David Waggoner, AMEA Executive Director or Dennis Smith, ABODA Executive Director