The Arizona Music Educators Association is committed to promoting music education throughout the State of Arizona. We hope you find the advocacy resources on this page to be helpful.
ADVOCACY 101 SESSION FOR BOOSTER GROUPS
We are holding a special advocacy education session at the 2020 AMEA Conference for boosters groups. This session is free, and will assist in training boosters groups to better advocate for their programs. Due to limited space, boosters groups can register up to 2 people to attend. Here’s the information you need:
Date: Saturday, February 1, 2020
Time: 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (please arrive about 10 minutes early)
Location: Delta Hotels Mesa Marriott, 200 N. Centennial Way, Mesa, AZ 85201, in ARIZONA BALLROOM D
Presenters: Stephanie Campbell (AMEA Advocacy Chair), Scott Burgener (AMEA President), and Matt Barusch (NAfME State Advocacy Manager)
AMEA BOOSTER/ADVOCACY GROUP REGISTRY
Attention all booster groups! Please join the AMEA Music Booster/Advocacy Group Registry! This will allow you to receive information about advocacy events in our state that are designed to assist you with your efforts!
RESOURCES FROM NAfME
- NAfME Advocacy Resource page
- NAfME Grassroots Action Center
- NAfME Advocacy Bulletin – Latest updates and commentary in advocacy and public policy.
- Everything ESSA resource page
- View past music education advocacy webinars (free professional development recognition available)
- 5 Ways to Support Your Music Program
- Concert Program Advocacy Inserts for Teachers:
- Connecting With Legislators
- Key Federal Education Members
- Public Relations 101
- Quick review of How a Bill Becomes a Law