ACE All-State Show Choir Audition Registration Form – Deadline 8/30/19
- Allison Kluch, Horizon HS – email@example.com
- Jeanette Winzeler, Horizon HS – firstname.lastname@example.org
Audition Site: Boulder Creek HS, 40404 N Gavilan Peak Pkwy., Anthem AZ 85086
Audition Registration Deadline: 8/30/19.
Requisition/Purchase Order Information (should be initiated prior to festival registration).
Registration Fee: $25.00 per student.
Late Fee – after registration deadline: $50.00 (late registration must be approved-acceptance not guaranteed).
LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNLESS APPROVED BY THE ACE VP JAZZ/SHOW ACTIVITIES.
Teacher must send appeal to: Katie Hixon, ACE VP Jazz/Show Activities – email@example.com. If approval is granted for late registration, the AMEA Executive Director and the chair will be notified and the registration will be processed with the late fee added.
Non-Member Fee: $150.00.
Members must login to the AMEA website BEFORE registering – Current NAfME membership is required – Non-members go directly to registration form.
Auditions: Show Choir.
- All Show Choir auditions will be “live” auditions.
- Auditions must be memorized.
- Each school will be assigned a block of time for those students who register to audition.
- All students auditioning will be required to show picture identification at the live auditions.
- Vocal audition. The vocal audition will consist of the following:
- The required Jazz/Show Choir scales must be sung a cappella in a swing rhythm, using the syllables shown, and in the key and tempo indicated.
- The scales will be judged on accuracy of pitch, fluidity, tone quality and appropriate swing feel.
- All students must sing the short, required solo only once.
- Dance audition:
- Choreography for the audition will be taught in large groups.
- The routine will be approximately 32 measures in length.
- During this portion of the audition, students will be evaluated in small groups while singing and dancing.
- Auditioning students are encouraged to wear comfortable non-revealing clothing
Credit Card: Visa/MasterCard/AMEX/Discover.
Check/PO: Make checks/purchase orders payable to AMEA or Arizona Music Educators Association.
Send Payment/Purchase Orders to:
AMEA Executive Director
6818 E. Kingston Pl., Tucson, AZ 85710
Phone: 520-885-9754 Fax: 520-885-0518
Submission Of Registration Form Obligates Payment.